New Carlisle Ohio

Two Juveniles Arrested in New Carlisle Stabbing

On Thursday, May 23, 2019, at approximately 3:10 am, the Clark County Sheriff's Office Communication Center received a 911 call from 301 N. Church Street in the City of New Carlisle, regarding a possible stabbing having taken place in the residence. Although the call was not initially clear, the Operator was able to obtain information that a subject who was known to the residents of the home had made entry into the house and reportedly stabbed the father of the caller. It was also reported that the suspect was being actively restrained in the home by the injured subject, and that a struggle was ongoing.

Uniformed deputies responded immediately and made entry into the house, where they found the caller hiding in an entryway of the home. After entering the home further, they located and took the suspect, identified as Natasha Ellis, age 15, into custody, finding evidence on her related to her participation in the attack. They also found three occupants of the home who had been injured in the assault, a 17 year old male juvenile, along with the parents, Paul Greear and Lee Ann Moore. The room in which all four persons were found contained a large amount of blood, and it was found that the juvenile male, Mr. Greear, and Ms. Moore, had all suffered stab wounds. Both Mr. Greear and Ms. Moore's injuries were extremely severe, and it was very apparent that Ms. Moore's injuries were life-threatening. As the suspect was led from the house, deputies attempted life-saving measures on Ms. Moore and Mr. Greear until the arrival of the New Carlisle Fire Division and Bethel Township Fire Department EMS units. Both Mr. Greear and Ms. Moore were transported to area hospitals, where Ms. Moore was pronounced deceased.

Natasha Ellis

After obtaining a search warrant, detectives and deputies from the Sheriff's Office processed the scene for evidence, and conducted interviews of the suspect and the caller, identified as 13 year old Rachel Greear. Based on the evidence obtained inside the residence, including the weapon used, and the interviews conducted, it was determined that Rachel Greear had initiated conversation with Ms. Ellis and then both conspired together to have Ms. Ellis enter the residence in the night with Ms. Greear's assistance, and then assault and kill Mr. Greear, Ms. Moore, and the 17 year old juvenile male.

Both Natasha Ellis and Rachel Greear were arrested and charged with one count of Murder and two counts of Felonious Assault each and incarcerated in the Clark County Juvenile Detention Center.